Enhanced Reporting & Analysis Capabilities as SST, Inc. Launches Significant New Features in its ShotSpotter Flex℠ 2012.3 Product Release
Powerful New Search Results Grid for Reports, Enhanced
Data Export Capabilities & Improved Analytical Features Enable
Expanded Reporting & Analysis for Patrol, Investigators & Executives
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SST, Inc., the world leader in wide-area acoustic surveillance and gunfire location and alert technology, today announced Release 2012.3 of ShotSpotter Flex℠, its world-leading gunfire alert and analysis solution. ShotSpotter Flex continues to gain increasing market adoption by North American law enforcement agencies in their efforts to fight gun violence. ShotSpotter Flex is the only wide-area acoustic surveillance gunshot detection, alert and analysis solution in the world and delivers critical gunfire data and actionable information that public safety and law enforcement agencies need not only to respond efficiently to gunfire incidents faster and more safely, but also to enable them to proactively develop effective problem-oriented, data-driven policing strategies and tactical operations using the real-time intelligence provided by ShotSpotter.
Significant new features in Release 2012.3 of the cloud-based ShotSpotter Flex gunfire alert and analysis solution include:
- Powerful new Search Results Grid with sorting, grouping and adjustable data columns
Ability to copy search results (including the contents of adjustable
columns) to the clipboard for
use in other applications
Interactive map features including the ability to:
- click directly on incidents on the map to select and navigate
- measure distances between incidents, landmarks and other map features
- measure circular areas and distances to identify hotspots
identify the address and latitude/longitude of any point on the
map (including incident locations
or nearby buildings)
- One-click exporting to CSV or Excel
- Ability to manage much larger search results (thousands of incidents) faster and more easily
Since 2011, SST has delivered ShotSpotter Flex in a hosted, subscription-based service, making it easily deployable and affordable, without extensive up-front costs, IT resources and procurement friction of a traditional technology or software acquisition. The service also includes SST’s Reviewed Alerts Service which provides immediate review and qualification of all gunfire incidents by SST-trained gunshot and acoustic experts.
Police and law enforcement agencies use the actionable intelligence provided by ShotSpotter Flex to achieve significant value in their policing operations, including:
- Instant, Accurate Situational Awareness – Precise gunfire incident information enables informed decisions for faster emergency response while also improving situational intelligence and increasing first responder safety.
- Enhanced Forensics & Crime Analysis – Detailed forensic data and intelligence improves the investigative process, enhances prosecutions for gun crime, and enables proactive data-driven strategies to address hotspots and problem areas in communities.
- Long-Term Crime Deterrence – Awareness of gunfire incidents and cumulative data enables agencies to use the gunfire data to develop focused problem-oriented policing strategies and targeted deployments, engaging the community and increasing police presence in troubled areas.
- Affordable and Easy to Use –With limited budgets and resources, the solution supports agencies as a force multiplier without the significant costs of software licensing, IT support and resources, and maintenance.
“Our customer cities and agencies are realizing significant value of the ShotSpotter gunfire alert and data analysis capabilities in their strategic policing initiatives and efforts to reduce gun violence,” said James G. Beldock, Senior Vice President, Product & Business Development. “We continually work with our customers to develop new features and functionality that support their mission and help them execute their strategies. We see many more agencies developing their strategic planning and tactical operations based on data and intelligence provided by technologies such as ours in combination with their operational insights. Gunfire alerts and data analysis continue to grow in importance to law enforcement agencies and cities committed to addressing the growing epidemic of gun violence.”
About SST, Inc.
SST, Inc. is the world leader in gunshot detection, and its ShotSpotter solutions are the leading gunfire alert and analysis solutions. Its public safety technology solutions are focused on improving public and community safety by locating gunfire and other explosive events, and ultimately, helping reduce and prevent gun violence and improving intelligence-led policing and community policing initiatives. SST solutions protect cities and countries around the world, with more than 80 installations in four countries and in more than 70 US cities. Privately held, the company possesses a multitude of patents that are the result of nearly two decades of innovation in the area of acoustic gunshot location technology. Information about SST and ShotSpotter can be found at www.sst-inc.com or www.shotspotter.com. You can also follow SST and ShotSpotter solutions on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Source: SST, Inc.
Released September 5, 2012