Enhanced Performance & Platform Capabilities as SST, Inc. Launches Significant Improvements to its ShotSpotter Core Analysis Platform™
New Performance Capabilities Enable Rapid & Increased Gunfire Data & Intelligence for Police Officers, Investigators, Crime Analysts & Police Executives
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SST, Inc., the world leader in wide-area acoustic surveillance and gunfire location and alert technology, today announced the availability of its ShotSpotter Core Analysis Platform™ to all ShotSpotter Flex℠ and ShotSpotter OnSite™ customer agencies. ShotSpotter™ is the only wide-area acoustic surveillance gunshot detection, alert and analysis solution in the world and delivers the critical data and actionable information that law enforcement and public safety agencies need not only to respond efficiently to gunfire incidents faster and more safely, but also to enable them to proactively develop effective problem-oriented, data-driven policing strategies and tactical operations using the real-time intelligence provided by ShotSpotter.
Version 7.6 of the ShotSpotter Core Analysis Platform delivers improved automatic incident classification configuration, training, and performance as well as major improvements in performance and server utilization efficiency. It also unifies the software code base for both domestic and international customers into a single platform.
Significant new features in the ShotSpotter Core Analysis Platform Release include:
- A new remote monitoring tool, called LocServer Remote, permits monitoring and maintenance of all installations of the ShotSpotter LocServer component of the Core Analysis Platform.
- Built-in support for SST’s 24x7x365 Reviewed Alerts Service℠ previously only available to ShotSpotter Flex and select ShotSpotter OnSite customers. SST’s Reviewed Alerts Service provides expert review and qualification of all alerts by gunshot and acoustic experts in SST’s Incident Review Center.
- Improved coverage area modeling capabilities, automatic configuration of sensor elevations, and enhanced helicopter sound filtering, among numerous other improvements.
Since first launched in 2011, ShotSpotter Flex has had increasing market adoption by North American law enforcement and police agencies as a critical component in gun violence reduction initiatives. ShotSpotter Flex is a cloud-based, subscription managed service, making it easily deployed and affordable, without the extensive up-front costs, IT resources and friction of a traditional technology acquisition. The solution includes SST’s Reviewed Alerts Service.
Police and law enforcement agencies use the actionable intelligence provided by ShotSpotter to achieve significant value in their policing operations, including:
- Instant, Accurate Situational Awareness – Precise gunfire incident information enables informed decisions for faster emergency response while also improving situational intelligence and increasing first responder safety.
- Enhanced Forensics & Crime Analysis – Detailed forensic data and intelligence improves the investigative process, enhances prosecutions for gun crime, and enables proactive data-driven strategies to address hotspots and problem areas.
- Long-Term Crime Deterrence – Awareness of gunfire incidents and cumulative data enables agencies to use the gunfire data to develop focused problem-oriented policing strategies and targeted deployments.
- Affordable and Easy to Use –With limited budgets and resources, the solution supports agencies as a force multiplier without the significant costs of software licensing, IT support and resources, and maintenance.
“ShotSpotter continues to bring value to our customers in their strategic policing initiatives and efforts to reduce gun violence and gun crime,” said James G. Beldock, Senior Vice President, Products & Business Development. “Improving the platform performance of our solutions is critical to ensuring we are rapid and reliable in getting gunfire data, intelligence, and analysis to our customers so they can achieve their mission of protecting public safety and security.”
About SST, Inc.
SST, Inc. is the world leader in gunshot detection, and its ShotSpotter solutions are the leading gunfire alert and analysis solutions. Its public safety technology solutions are focused on improving public and community safety by locating gunfire and other explosive events, and ultimately, helping reduce and prevent gun violence and improving intelligence-led policing and community policing initiatives. SST solutions protect cities and countries around the world, with more than 80 installations in four countries and in more than 65 US cities. Privately held, the company possesses a multitude of patents that are the result of nearly two decades of innovation in the area of acoustic gunshot location technology. Information about SST and ShotSpotter can be found at www.sst-inc.com or www.shotspotter.com. You can also follow SST and ShotSpotter solutions on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Lydia Barrett, Cell: 650-833-9534
Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Source: SST, Inc.
Released April 25, 2012