Increased Intelligence & Reporting Capabilities as SST, Inc. Launches Significant New Features in its ShotSpotter Flex℠ 2012.1 Product Release
Real-Time Live Customer Support Chat Capability, Enhanced Reporting Features & Improved User Interface Enable Rapid & Increased Intelligence for Police Officers, Investigators & Executives
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SST, Inc., the world leader in wide-area acoustic surveillance and gunfire location and alert technology, today announced Release 2012.1 of ShotSpotter Flex℠, its world-leading gunfire alert and analysis solution. Since first launched in 2011, ShotSpotter Flex has had increasing market adoption by North American law enforcement agencies. ShotSpotter Flex is the only wide-area acoustic surveillance gunshot detection, alert and analysis solution in the world and delivers the critical data and actionable information that public safety agencies need not only to respond efficiently to gunfire incidents faster and more safely, but also to enable them to proactively develop effective problem-oriented, data-driven policing strategies and tactical operations using the real-time intelligence provided by ShotSpotter.
Significant new features in Release 2012.1 of the cloud-based ShotSpotter Flex gunfire alert and analysis solution include:
- Secure, encrypted live text-based chat which allows customers to communicate in real-time and 24x7x365 with trained, expert SST gunfire incident reviewers about any ShotSpotter incident activation. Customer requests and inquiries can also be sent via built-in secure email in which they may ask questions or request more information about a specific ShotSpotter incident, request a formal forensic analysis for investigatory or prosecutorial purposes, or request general support from the SST Incident Review Center directly from their ShotSpotter Flex software or from a customer-specific web link.
- The new ShotSpotter Flex Incident & Reports Portal™ provides users comprehensive access to past incident history, reports and the ability to export audio or incident data for analysis in other software packages. New improvements include: reporting of “Recent Nearby Incidents” in a variable time window that ranges from the previous 12 hours to the prior 7 days; the ability to run and print both “Single Incident Reports” and “Incident List Reports”; the ability to export text format comma-separated value (CSV) data, and, increasing the speed and response performance of query requests with complex criteria.
- Enhanced user interface and performance on the ShotSpotter Flex Alerts Console™ and the ShotSpotter Flex Incident & Reports Portal™, including improved color scheme for greater visibility; map views in three options – aerial, birds-eye and street map view; and simplified navigation; among other new features.
- The ShotSpotter Flex Alerts Console now supports three different user workflows and roles: Call Taker, Dispatcher, and Mobile/Patrol Officer
Since its launch in 2011, SST has delivered ShotSpotter Flex in a hosted, subscription-based service, making it easily deployed and affordable, without the extensive up-front costs, IT resources and friction of a traditional technology acquisition. The solution also includes SST’s Reviewed Alerts Service which provides immediate review and qualification of all gunfire incidents by SST gunshot and acoustic experts.
Police and law enforcement agencies use the actionable intelligence provided by ShotSpotter Flex to achieve significant value in their policing operations, including:
- Instant, Accurate Situational Awareness – Precise gunfire incident information enables informed decisions for faster emergency response while also improving situational intelligence and increasing first responder safety.
- Enhanced Forensics & Crime Analysis – Detailed forensic data and intelligence improves the investigative process, enhances prosecutions for gun crime, and enables proactive data-driven strategies to address hotspots and problem areas.
- Long-Term Crime Deterrence – Awareness of gunfire incidents and cumulative data enables agencies to use the gunfire data to develop focused problem-oriented policing strategies and targeted deployments.
- Affordable and Easy to Use – With limited budgets and resources, the solution supports agencies as a force multiplier without the significant costs of software licensing, IT support and resources, and maintenance.
“ShotSpotter Flex has proven to bring significant value to our customers in their strategic policing initiatives and efforts to reduce gun violence and gun crime,” said James G. Beldock, Senior Vice President, Product & Business Development. “Continually adding new valuable features and capabilities to our solution is critical in helping our customers achieve their important mission of protecting public safety and security. As more police agencies evolve their strategic planning and tactical operations based on intelligence and data provided by technologies such as ours in combination with their operational intelligence, SST will continually evolve our solution capabilities as a leading data source.”
About SST, Inc.
SST, Inc. is the world leader in gunshot detection, and its ShotSpotter solutions are the leading gunfire alert and analysis solutions. Its public safety technology solutions are focused on improving public and community safety by locating gunfire and other explosive events, and ultimately, helping reduce and prevent gun violence and improving intelligence-led policing and community policing initiatives. SST solutions protect cities and countries around the world, with more than 80 installations in four countries and in 64 US cities. Privately held, the company possesses a multitude of patents that are the result of nearly two decades of innovation in the area of acoustic gunshot location technology. Information about SST and ShotSpotter can be found at www.sst-inc.com or www.shotspotter.com. You can also follow SST and ShotSpotter solutions on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Lydia Barrett, 650-833-9534 (Cell)
Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Source: SST, Inc.
Released February 15, 2012