ShotSpotter Hosts Webinar on Best Practices in Physical Security for Substations
How Security Professionals Can Develop a Comprehensive Physical Security Plan for Substations
NEWARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SST, Inc., the maker of ShotSpotter Flex and the global leader in gunfire detection, location, alerting and analysis, today announced a free live webinar for security professionals on “Best Practices in Physical Security for Substations.” Security professionals can attend to learn more about how to develop a comprehensive physical security plan for substations. The webinar will be held on Monday, November 17 at 9 a.m. PT/ 12 p.m. ET. Register here.
In this 60-minute live webinar, leading industry experts in substation security will discuss:
- What NERC reliability standards call for today and how they impact the physical security measures for bulk-power system facilities,
- Best practices to lessen the vulnerability of bulk-power stations and protect them against any type of physical attack.
- David Batz, CISSP, Director, Cyber & Infrastructure Security at the Edison Electric Institute (EEI)
- Brian M. Harrell, CPP, Director, Electricity Sector - Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ES-ISAC), NERC
- Hamid Sharifnia, MSEE, Sr. Substation Technical Advisor HDR Engineering, Inc. and chair for IEEE working group on substation physical security
The webinar will be moderated by Mr. Allan Wick, CFE, CPP, PSP, PCI, CBCP. Wick is a Council Vice President with ASIS International, ASIS International is the preeminent organization for security professionals, with more than 38,000 members worldwide. He also serves as Chief Security Officer for Colorado based Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association, Inc.
Webinar seating is limited, reserve now at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/868432424.
Liz Einbinder, +1 (510) 794-3147
Source: SST, Inc.
Released November 13, 2014